Bringing your baby home is a fun and exciting time — filled with lots of new experiences like feeding, picking out adorable little outfits, playing with them… and changing diapers.
The average baby will use more than 2000 diapers a year, and won’t be fully diaper trained until they are three years old. Now that’s a lot of diapers! In the end, diapers will be one of the biggest and most vital expenses when it comes to baby items.
I know you’ll probably want to save every penny possible – and luckily, there are ways to save a ton of money on your diaper bill. Some parents choose to go with reusable cloth diapers, which can save you a lot of money, but can be quite a mess and hassle to use. There are also ways to get a great deal on diapers if you buy them online, and in bulk. The internet has really made a difference in this regard; you can order them online and have them shipped directly to your home, with huge savings!
Buying Your Diapers Online: A Great Option
These days, many of the best diapers deals can be found online, and more and more parents are turning to this option every day. Gone are the days when we had to run to the store to pick up an emergency package of diapers; these days, you can order in bulk online and not only save money, but have them shipped directly to your house!
There are two main options for buying your diapers online: Amazon and Diapers.com. Both of these websites have excellent deals on bulk diapers, and you can save a huge amount of money if you check them out.
I personally prefer Amazon, for a number of reasons. When it comes to buying diapers in bulk and saving a lot of money, there is no place better to get them than from Amazon’s online store.
Buying Cheap Bulk Diapers Online: Amazon.com
Amazon is one of the most popular places to purchase diapers online, because not only do they have great prices, but they also let you “subscribe & save” to save even more money on diapers in the long run. Every little bit helps!
Pros of Buying Diapers From Amazon
- Great prices. Amazon has great prices on diapers when compared to retail stores, and some of their programs like “Subscribe & save” plus coupons extend the savings even further.
- Fast shipping. They offer fast next-day delivery for a nominal fee, which can also be completely free with an Amazon Prime membership. Even the regular free shipping is fast: on average you’ll receive your diapers in less than a week.
- Free 365-day returns. If you aren’t happy with your diapers for some reason, you can return them at no cost no matter when you purchased them. Totally risk-free.
The “Subscribe & Save” and “Amazon Prime” Discounts
Amazon currently has two programs that can save you a total of 20% on the regular price of their diapers: the Subscribe & Save program and the Amazon Prime program. Both of these programs can be an excellent value if you’re buying diapers in bulk.
- 5% discount with Subscribe & Save. The Subscribe & Save program at Amazon will save you 5% off the top of your diapers, and it’s completely free. This program lets you subscribe to shipments of diapers at intervals of your choosing, with free shipping and automatic shipments. Best of all, it can be cancelled at any time and combined with Amazon’s free 365-day returns, there is absolutely no risk. A free 5% off of your diapers, just like that.
- 15% discount with the Amazon Mom program. The Amazon Mom program has a number of benefits on the entire Amazon site, such as free two-day shipping. However, the biggest benefit for parents is the 15% discount off the top for any diapers purchased. A one-month membership to Amazon Mom is absolutely free, giving you the additional 15% discount on your first order of diapers.
With these two free programs, you’ll save an additional 20% on your diapers, which are already super-cheap. It’s not hard to see why so many parents buy their Diapers on Amazon these days; it’s an excellent way to save money.
How To Get Your 20% Off Bulk Diapers on Amazon
It’s really simple! First, you have to sign up for the Amazon Mom program.
- Go here: signup link.
- Fill out the form. It’s simple and takes only a few minutes.
That’s it! Being an Amazon Mom member gives you 15% off the top of diaper purchases. If you want to save the additional 5% on your diapers, you need to “Subscribe & Save.” This means you sign up for monthly (or whatever you prefer) shipments of diapers, and in exchange for that you get 5% off the price.
Check out the diaper selection on Amazon right here.
Here’s what you’ll look for in the right-side of the screen when looking at diapers:
Things To Think About Before Purchasing Any Diapers
Here are some things you’ll want to consider before you purchase any diapers — it can make a big difference!
- Cloth vs. cheap disposable diapers. This is a difficult decision, and one that many parents have differing opinions over. While you will definitely save money by going with cloth diapers and washing them, it’s obviously not something every parent wants to deal with. The other option is to buy disposable diapers in bulk, which can also save you a lot of money, but not quite as much as going with cloth diapers.
- Think about your baby, and how many diapers you need. When your baby is very young, he or she will grow very quickly, meaning that you might not be able to use an entire huge box of disposable diapers before they don’t fit anymore. If you think that your baby is soon going to outgrow their current diapers, it wouldn’t make much sense to buy a huge, bulk order of that size.
- Don’t shy away from store-brand diapers. While I know you want only the best for your baby, going with name-brand, expensive diapers isn’t necessarily the best option. While store-brand diapers might not have the cute designs or fashionable logos, I doubt your baby is going to care!