The average baby will use more than 2000 diapers a year, and won’t be fully diaper trained until they are three years old. Now that’s a lot of diapers! For most parents, diapers end up being the biggest expense in raising our babies.
I spent a lot of money on diapers when I had my first child. Going to the store, picking up a single pack, bringing it home… it’s just not even close to the most economical way to do it. Over time, I discovered some great places to find cheap diapers, and I figured I would share them with you!
Online Diaper Deals: March 2nd – March 9th, 2015
Here are the Amazon diaper deals of the week: there are some good opportunities to stock up! Please note that these all include the Amazon Mom & Prime discounts which usually give you 20% off the listed prices. To sign up for a free Amazon Mom account click here and for a free prime trial click here.
- Huggies Little Movers, size 3 (174 ct.): .18 cents each after first subscription coupon (.26 cents each without Amazon Mom/Prime discount).
- Huggies Pure and Natural, size 3 (140 ct.): .23 cents each after first subscription coupon (.30 cents each without discount).
- Pampers Cruisers, size 3 (174 ct.): .20 cents each after coupon (.25 cents each without discount).
- Pampers Swaddlers, size 3 (162 ct.): .21.5 cents each after coupon (.28 cents each without discount).
- Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive Diapers Size 3 Economy Pack Plus 144 ct: .24 cents each (.31 cents each without discount).
- Pampers Extra Protection, size 3 (92 ct.): .19.5 cents each (.25 cents each without discount).
- Luvs size 3 (186 ct.): .13 cents each each after $1 coupon (Deal of the Week!) (.17 cents each without discount)
- Pampers Baby Dry, size 3 (204 ct.): .17 cents each after coupon. (.22 cents each without discount)
- Huggies Snug Dry, size 3 (222 ct.): .15 cents each after first subscription coupon (.21 cents each without discount)
My Secret Source For Cheap Diapers
Amazon is one of the most popular places to purchase diapers online, because not only do they have cheap prices, but their “Subscribe & Save” and “Amazon Mom” programs let you save an additional 20% on your diapers, right off the top. It’s pretty amazing, especially if you order a bunch at once. Plus they have free shipping, which is pretty great especially with the big boxes.
Why I Love Using Amazon For My Diapers
- Great prices. Amazon has great prices on diapers when compared to retail stores. What’s even better: I use Amazon Mom & Subscribe & Save to get a nice 20% off the top. Anyone can do it!
- Fast and free shipping. They offer fast next-day delivery for a nominal fee, which can also be completely free with an Amazon Prime membership. Even the regular free shipping is fast: on average you’ll receive your diapers in less than a week.
- Free 365-day returns. If you aren’t happy with your diapers for some reason, you can return them at no cost no matter when you purchased them. Totally risk-free.
The “Subscribe & Save” and “Amazon Prime” Discounts
Amazon currently has two programs that can save you a total of 20% on the regular price of their diapers: the Subscribe & Save program and the Amazon Prime program. Both of these programs can be an excellent value if you’re buying diapers in bulk.
- 5% discount with Subscribe & Save. The Subscribe & Save program at Amazon will save you 5% off the top of your diapers, and it’s completely free. This program lets you subscribe to shipments of diapers at intervals of your choosing, with free shipping and automatic shipments. Best of all, it can be cancelled at any time and combined with Amazon’s free 365-day returns, there is absolutely no risk. A free 5% off of your diapers, just like that.
- 15% discount with the Amazon Mom program. The Amazon Mom program has a number of benefits on the entire Amazon site, such as free two-day shipping. However, the biggest benefit for parents is the 15% discount off the top for any diapers purchased. A one-month membership to Amazon Mom is absolutely free, giving you the additional 15% discount on your first order of diapers.
With these two free programs, you’ll save an additional 20% on your diapers, which are already super-cheap. It’s not hard to see why so many parents buy their Diapers on Amazon these days; it’s an excellent way to save money.
The Secret: How To Claim Your 20% Off Bulk Diapers on Amazon
It’s really simple! First, you have to sign up for the Amazon Mom program.
- Go here: signup link.
- Fill out the form. It’s simple and takes only a few minutes. Ta-da! You qualify for 15% off your diaper order!
- Look at the selection of diapers here. Find your favorite brand!
- Want another 5% off? If you choose “subscribe & save” on checkout you can get it. This means paying for multiple (2+) deliveries of diapers up-front, but it’s worth it.
That’s it! Being an Amazon Mom member gives you 15% off the top of diaper purchases. If you want to save the additional 5% on your diapers, you need to “Subscribe & Save.” This means you sign up for monthly (or whatever you prefer) shipments of diapers, and in exchange for that you get 5% off the price.
The Subscribe & Save 5% Off.
Here’s what you’ll look for in the right-side of the screen when looking at diapers:
Just set up whichever shipment you prefer and you’re done! 5% off the top!
Buying Your Diapers Online: A Great Option
These days, many of the best diapers deals can be found online, and more and more parents are turning to this option every day. Gone are the days when we had to run to the store to pick up an emergency package of diapers; these days, you can order in bulk online and not only save money, but have them shipped directly to your house!
There are two main options for buying your diapers online: Amazon and Diapers.com. Both of these websites have excellent deals on bulk diapers, and you can save a huge amount of money if you check them out.
I personally prefer Amazon, for a number of reasons. When it comes to buying diapers in bulk and saving a lot of money, there is no place better to get them than from Amazon’s online store.
Things To Think About Before Purchasing Any Diapers
Here are some things you’ll want to consider before you purchase any diapers — it can make a big difference!
- Cloth vs. cheap disposable diapers. This is a difficult decision, and one that many parents have differing opinions over. While you will definitely save money by going with cloth diapers and washing them, it’s obviously not something every parent wants to deal with. The other option is to buy disposable diapers in bulk, which can also save you a lot of money, but not quite as much as going with cloth diapers.
- Think about your baby, and how many diapers you need. When your baby is very young, he or she will grow very quickly, meaning that you might not be able to use an entire huge box of disposable diapers before they don’t fit anymore. If you think that your baby is soon going to outgrow their current diapers, it wouldn’t make much sense to buy a huge, bulk order of that size.
- Don’t shy away from store-brand diapers. While I know you want only the best for your baby, going with name-brand, expensive diapers isn’t necessarily the best option. While store-brand diapers might not have the cute designs or fashionable logos, I doubt your baby is going to care!
- You need somewhere to dispose of them. You can’t just throw diapers in the trash can… it’s going to smell up the place! A good solution is a diaper pail; a special type of can that is designed to hold diapers and eliminate the smells. Highly recommended!